Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:25:35 -0400
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Carrying Gas / was: Stuffing away stuff in a Vanagon
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com>

Don,

I have wondered the same thing - however there have been times when I've come close to running out - sure it was because I didn't plan well - but I've considered carrying a small can on longer trips.

Maybe our Canadian members can chime in (to confirm or correct) on what I am about to say. I've found that traveling in Canada (401/402 Sarnia, ON to Kingston, ON) that gas isn't always available when you might expect it. They have wonderful service station/rest areas along the express way and for the most part those are right there when you need them - however should you miss one and need to exit to get gas I've found that unlike the US - there isn't always a gas station waiting near the exit. I've exited before to find I'm in a very rural area and the nearest town - well let's just say it wasn't real apparent which way to go to find it.

I'll readily admit this was probably mostly due to my unfamiliarity with where we were - but it certainly made me consider carrying at least a small amount of gas.

-- Thanks,

Jeff '85 GL (Gertie) '90 Carat (Grover - the noble parts donor) '86 (We call this one Scrap) '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus