Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:29:04 -0800
From:         Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>
Subject:      Carefree of Colorado, add a room

Hi folks:

While browsing on eBay yesterday I came across a syncro for sale that had a screen room that caught my eye. I had been thinking it would be a great invention if someone would make a screen room that would attach to the sides of an awning. This way, you could either use the awning as is or attach the sides and have a screen room or roll down/up some fabric and have a privacy enclosure. Add a skirt around the sliding door and it would be bug free. The only thing I've seen out there is Bus Depot's, "add a room", but it looks like it would take a while to put together and is large and bulky.

Well, after asking this person on eBay where they got their screen room, they mentioned Carefree of Colorado. I looked them up on the Internet and they appear to have what I have been thinking about for the last several years. Anyone have any dealings with this company or know anything about their products? From looking at their site, I get the impression that the smallest room they sell is 12 feet, (called the "weekender") but this other person on eBay obviously had an 8 foot long one. Not sure how they attach to the van, but at first glance it looks like a great setup, assuming a reasonable price. Comments?

Troy