Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Jul 2010 21:27:43 -0500
From:         "steve@eurocampers.com" <steve@EUROCAMPERS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Carefree of Colorado, add a room
Comments: To: colorworks@GCI.NET

I believe they discontinued the 8ft version.

They don't make it themselves. They have another company make it. I've contacted them and they don't seem to be interested in remaking the smaller version.

We no longer offer Carefree awnings. They discontinued their Vanagon and EuroVan brackets. They were also very difficult to deal with as they had a $25 minimum order policy and a $25 minimum shipping policy. This made it impossible for us to offer any replacement parts or accessories. I could not bring myself to charge a customer $53 dollars for a $3 part.

There was a version of the add a room that was offered as an accessory for the Winnebago EuroVan Camper. It was a special model that was designed just for the Carefree Sidewinder II awning used on the Winnebago. I'm not sure how well this would work with other awnings. It did not come with a skirt to fit under the van. The top poles required drilling into the awning case to attach.

Fiamma makes nice add on rooms for the F45 awnings. I really don't recommend them for the VW vans as they are pretty bulky and have a lot of poles. It's a lot of stuff to carry with you. In Europe they offer a room for the F35. We can special order these. They are simpler and less bulky.

Steve SKL Enterprises Inc. http://EuroCampers.com

888-797-5994 - orders 636-337-7700 - customer service