Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Jul 2010 01:03:36 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Go westy sales
Comments: To: gary hradek <hradek@yahoo.com>

My '81 is no where near as nice looking as a GW offering; the paint is poo-poo-ca-ca, the canvas is patched, the wheels are stock and fetid looking. And yah, the engine is not stock. And, I'm not a professional mechanic/restorationist. But....

I have no hesitation getting into it and driving it almost anywhere. The canvas works, the paint won't fall off, the tires are near new and the engine is reliable, the fridge fires up, etc. etc. Mechanically speaking, somewhat like a GW rig.

IMO, the bigger cost of a GW rig is labour. (especially since they get their parts for less than what the consumer pays) I mean, relative to the thousands I've spent in parts doing restorative/maintenance work to my '81, if I had to pay someone to do all the work I've done, well.... can't imagine what the labour would have been.

OTOH, I still find it hard to believe the prices. But. They are running a business and need to make a profit, so.....

Neil.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:40 PM, gary hradek <hradek@yahoo.com> wrote: > Tell me if I am out of line here but do the "Go Westy" sale prices for Westies appear a little on the high side?   This is not for parts but for the vehicle sales.   gary >

-- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines