Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:52:11 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Seattle area list members

Thought I'd forward the following invite from the WetWesties list, in case any Seattle area Vanagon List members who don't subscribe to WetWesties would like to join us Saturday night...

- Ron

To recap, at the end of May my wife and I made arrangements with a list member to trade some parts for the use of her Vanagon on a trip down the coastline from Seattle to San Fransisco. Shortly thereafter I posted here asking for "must-see" suggestions for our trip, and literally got dozens of emails. Linda and I found them incredibly useful, and put many of them on our itinerary.

Fast forward to last weekend ... Just days before we were to fly out (with nonrefundable airline tickets), we learned that the Westy would not be ready. Before settling for (gasp!) a boring rental car and some hotel rooms, I decided to post here once again, asking if anyone else was interested in trading the use of their Westy for a parts credit. I figured it was a long shot, but what the heck. Once again, the response was amazing! A dozen list members from Sacramento to Canada replied, offering everything from their campers to a guest room on the way if we ended up using a rental car. Within days - and not a moment too soon! we were able to work something out with another list member, and are back on track.

I never cease to be amazed at the overwhelming kindness of the Bus/Vanagon community. It's what has always made running the Depot so rewarding. Had it not been for all of your advice, and the last minute offers as well, our upcoming vacation would have been much less exciting. I'd like to thank all of you for your kindness, and hopefully even have the chance to thank some of you "in person" when we reach Seattle. We'll be in downtown Seattle Saturday night, as we pick up the Westy there Sunday morning. After emailing a couple of list members, we have settled on the 5 Point Café - www.the5pointcafe.com . If anyone is in the area and would like to join us for a drink or two, let's say around 7:30 pm?

Again, for those who can't join us, thanks for all your suggestions and advice for our trip!

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT