Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Jul 2010 15:48:01 -0700
From:         Zolly <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Fixed...?Re: 40 minutes drive and then cuts out.

I think, I have fixed it. Finally. After working on this for days. When it stopped the last time, I applied direct voltage to the fuel pump. And it did not run (the bugger). Why. Why it ran before and not later. It was a little hot too. So, I think, it is something to do with the brushes inside the pump, being too old, worn down. I had similar thing with a starter once. Now the van is running for the last 15 minutes and it still needs to run for a long time for me to say it's good. Thanks for all the great guesses guys. However, none was the one. So, I hope all is well now. Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Zolly" <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2010 1:06 PM Subject: Re: 40 minutes drive and then cuts out.