Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Jul 2010 18:22:54 -0700
From:         "Mike \"Rocket J Squirrel\"" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: A/C? Pfui! Need a good fan

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" wrote:

> WAIT A MINUTE . . . I'm no auto mechanic but I bet that you're not > supposed to see wires and the open end of a disconnected hose when you > shine a flashlight into the driver's side dash end vent. > > I can probably get to that through the fuse panel opening.

I'm back -- miss me?

Yeah, dropping the fuse panel let me grab the hose and reattach it. I just took a drive on the parkway and lo and behold, there is air now at the dash end vent. Never was before. It's not a massive amount of air, but it's nicer. I don't get Jake-style pants-flapping goodness from the center leg vents, even at highway speed -- I should maybe wear Hammer pants?

<http://www.scene-stealers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/mc-hammer.jpg>

or maybe these vans simply need bigger scoops on the front.

For city driving, I still want more air moving in the van, blowing on me face and head. Jim Felder worked out a way to hang a small 12 V fan right behind the driver's head by screwing the fan to a magnet and hanging it from the underside of the 'spice' rack. That's my next step.

By gum, this upcoming end-of-July trip to Montana is going to see me with some serious ventilation!

Thanks for the help, guys!

-- Rocket J Squirrel