Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:37:39 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mellow Yellow got hitted
Comments: To: "Mike \"Rocket J Squirrel\"" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

re "your insurance company battle"

and whether totaled or not .. in any case......it would be very unfortunately indeed to make a claim against ones own insurance company in a situation like this. Obviously the person driving the car that started this mess, or their insurance company is liable.. and that's who should be paying .. the insurance company of the driver liable... so it might be a fight with them, but not your own insurance company I wouldn't think.

'usually' ..they just want to get it settled easily and quickly. I had a van get hit in the left rear by a neighbor business's delivery truck. in a few hours I had a claim or case number with their insurer. in a couple of day I had a body shop estimate for $ 1,287 or so ..( crease about a foot long right through the left rear side marker light ..and , actually, about $ 1,200 in repair costs at a body shop ) .. I didn't even need to get the 2nd estimate .. The insurance company had a check in the mail to me right away, like the next day after the first estimate. The body shop even faxed in the estimate, I didn't have to do a thing except drive the van about 1,000 feet to the body shop. And receive the check in the mail.

you 'should' or could even make money off the deal ... if you did the work yourself let's say .. but even still.. do not accept anything other than you get some good chunk of change and you get to keep your van .

they owe you compensation. Don't pay attention to any lowball offers that it's totaled .. in any case, make sure you keep the van , and you get paid .. Sure ..it could need a quarter panel welded in or whatever.. but it's just metal.

but don't let this end your wonderful relationship with this fine Westy unless you're wanting to not have her anymore anyway.

Have you been out on Cascades Lake Hwy Squirrel ? .. out past Mt Bachelor .. it's pretty nice for how close it is to Bend ( Oregon ) , I must say. Quite gorgeous last time I was there ...several pristine small lakes, campgrounds near them, etc.

I even save whole non-rusted vanagon bodies just for things like this ....if someone needs a major body piece etc.

Scott www.turbovans.com Rogue Valley, Southern Oregon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:24 PM Subject: Re: Mellow Yellow got hitted