Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Jul 2010 16:53:51 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: battery compartment
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

the correct batter has a lip on the lower edge.. two on opposite sides, the longer sides.

on the forward side, an approximately 4 inch long 1/4 inch thick bracket extends down and pushes on the lower lip of the battery holding it there.

on the rearward side, there's a cleft sort of ...in the battery box, the lower lip on that side of the battery fits into that. holding the battery down by the bottom edge is a very good arrangement. I always ask for the one for a diesel vanagon .. same physical dimensions, mounting arrangement, and terminal layout - just more cranking amps. it's a 48 I think. 800 CCA's maybe.

if you just can't find a correct battery bracket anywhere, I can sell you a good one.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Mcneely" <mcneely4@COX.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 4:14 PM Subject: Re: battery compartment