Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:52:45 -0500
From:         Ry <rylincoln@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Recommended A/C System Flush
Comments: To: Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@yahoo.com>

I recently resurrected my A/C, I used denatured alcohol. Worked for me. I bought 2 gallons of it and poured some in high side, then blew compressed air behind it to force through, then in low side and repeated. I removed the old dryer/receiver before doing this. I then ended up disconnected the hoses at the condenser and evaporator and purging each section(I needed to do this anyhow since I was replacing all the O-rings). It does not take very much crud to clog up your expansion valve. Once I felt I'd purged the old gunked up lubricant out of the system, I blew it dry with compressed air, closed up the system and pulled a vacuum for 2 hours , let it sit for about an hour(some will say longer some will say shorter) before refilling with refrigerant.

My a/c works decent now and has been for the past couple months. Highway driving in 100F weather i get down to the 50's. Vent temps seen down to 39F but that was in a hot Texas thunderstorm, with the rain evaporating off the condenser helping a lot.

-Ry http://www.google.com/profiles/rylincoln