Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Jul 2010 20:00:40 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Barrier creams for keeping hands clean
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>

the one I was able to get recently is Zep Glove .. Zep is a company that sells to car shops with many, many products .. lots of spray juices... carb cleaner etc .. quite good products too btw. Pro grade. the only gotcha is they only do 100 dollar mininum orders. fortunately that does not mean you have to buy 100 dollars worth of Zep Glove ... you can mix and match. so last time I did this I got two 1 qt bottles - enough for a couple of years at least, and a mix of spray lubes, carb cleaners etc. to add up to$ 100 .. and there was some shipping on top of that.

but good stuff, and I was getting a fine similar product from NAPA auto parts stores buy they quit selling it. Zep's system is one guy is a local rep ... he comes to where you are and takes the order. they might have a 'small thing' about only selling to businesses ... I'd just say I was starting up a vanagon repair buisness or something like that, if necessary.

http://superkleen-direct.amazonwebstore.com/ZEP-096201-GLOVE-SKIN-PROTECTOR-QT/M/B000U5TVFK.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

but makes all the difference in the world. before you touch anything oily or greasy, you put it on .. then I wash my hands every hour or so ..apply some more now and then. Works just great. couldn't fix vanagons without it.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alistair Bell" <albell@SHAW.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 6:49 PM Subject: Re: My Rusty Exhaust Is No More