Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:52:05 -0400
From:         Walter Houle <whoule@ECSCONTROLS.COM>
Subject:      Clear Title? Was Buying advice

All this talk about clear titles got me thinking. My registration slips over the years have always listed the banks name, even though I paid it off in 1991. So, I go to my files, and sure enough I have the pink slip and lien release from the bank all nice and notarized and stamped and everything. I never sent it back to the DMV! I'm not too good at buying and selling cars I guess - we keep them for years.

So, my question is, what are the chances the CA DMV will accept my 19 year old paperwork? The bank still exists too, btw.

Walter 85 Vanagon in San Diego