Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:26:59 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: [NVC]-Friday Subject: Howto Locite question
Comments: To: "M. Jade" <tinho2010@yahoo.com>

that sounds perfect. sacrifice a bad or unneeded part to get it apart properly. 6 point, possibly deep, socket, I imagine.

if you hacksaw it, make sure no metal filing fall into any fluid areas. mostly, Honda power steering lasts indefinitely.

dizzy ? getting down the ground and back up again .. is a very healthy thing to do. the more you move, the better, almost without exception.

don't pass out though !

Scott ----- Original Message ----- From: M. Jade To: M. Jade ; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM ; Scott Daniel - Turbovans Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 5:06 PM Subject: Re: [NVC]-Friday Subject: Howto Locite question

Thanks Scott and every one who responded to my question. Glad to hear that Loctite was probably not used. It's just yellow paint to indicate that it's original and has never been touched. I think in the worse case I am going to cut off the hose at the top of the nut. It is actually a section of metal hose there. Once it is cut off I can use a regular socket to unscrew it. As long as it is not Loctited a regular socket should be able to take care of it. The new hose comes with a new nut and an O-Ring.

I had the car jacked up and put large blocks (1 foot tall) of wood under both front wheels. It's not difficult to get to the steering gear box under there. I did get dizzy after crawing into and out of there a couple of times.

MJ in Sunny California