Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Jul 2010 20:25:57 -0500
From:         Ry <rylincoln@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Broken Oil Pressure gauge/sender?
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Well i was out there messing with my problem oil pressure gauge/sender. Trying to measure the ohms at the sender using my multimeter. One probe at the post and one probe on the sender housing, my meter says there are around 10-12 megaohms of resistance. The sender is supposed to go from about 10ohms to 180ohms.... so my interpretation is that it's failed(or failing:see intermittent issue below)

While doing all this I started the engine and went up front and saw that my gauge was reading accurately! Then it would bounce up to pegged out on the high side then accurate and so forth... I have a new sender on it's way, then I'll try the gauge if that doesn't solve it.

My gauge will peg if i disconnect the sender wire completely(effectively infinite resistance), does anyone else know if their gauge reacts this way to a disconnected sender wire?

le sigh

peace, -Ry