Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Jul 2010 21:12:03 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Dometic. City Water & Rear Fan. Reverse Air Flow?

Hi all.

Just got back from a great 2 week trip. Had fun camping with Phil Z. and Bernie from Vancouver. This was my first long trip in hotter weather. Fridge performed well. At times just over a 50* differential during the day. Doing things like parking in shade and keeping windows opened helped. Having the City Water and rear fan on all the time really helped too. Even during extended driving with sun beating on the driver side of my Westy. Fridge was o 12V when driving. But....

Parking in hot temps (100 F outside) with windows closed, challenged the fridge to the point of the ice melting off the cooling fins. To help avoid this, I feel it's time to install a vent and fan on my pop top to help vent hot air out from inside Westy. With that fan on, it seems to me that the air flow going up and out he pop top might defeat the air flow of City and Rear fan since they would be pulling air in the other direction. So....

When pop top fan on, if City/Rear fans were wired so they could be switched to run the either direction to bring air in from outside, would this help?

Anyone done this? If so, did it help?

Neil.

-- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines