Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:01:17 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Stuck accelerator at throttle body
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

it's common that the ball pivot at the top of the auto trans lever .. where the throttle cable connects to that ball there.. that you can barely see up on in there .. it's common that that cable ball pivot is rusted and has never been lubed .. sometimes they're really badly rusted . it's something that should be checked on every auto trans vanagon.

more and more, every day, I see spots on vanagons like that, that have never been lubed since they assembled it in germany 20 + years ago. it's as if people didn't understand tires need air in them ..that's how many many spots on these babies have never been lubed. A good spray synthetic grease ...my my that is so rewarding to spray on a dry sqeuaky mechanism. Someday I'll post my list of litteraly hundreds of spots on vanagons that need 'some lube once in a while' that are almost never done, not based on all the vans I see anyway.

Scott ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Beierl" <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 12:07 PM Subject: Re: Stuck accelerator at throttle body