Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:11:44 -0500
From:         Ry <rylincoln@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Turning off rear heater
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

I removed my rear heater and blocked off the hoses with some bolts and hose clamps, just like Scott described. I live in Texas, it maybe freezes two or three times a year down here so I really don't need it. Though I kept the box just in case I want to add it back in. The cheap plastic valve (well it did last almost 20 years, but it sure looks cheap!) exploded, thus why I removed it in the first place.

As for your broken electric windows, I had the same problem when I first bought my vanagon. I paid someone 50$ for the manual crank regulator assembly and replaced the busted electric window regulators. That was the very first "upgrade" I did to my vanagon.

-Ry http://www.google.com/profiles/rylincoln