Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:45:20 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rust hole through the floor - how do I best  repair?
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@charter.net>

cool John, I hope that was helpful. I'm a little nutty over vans getting that way in the first place.. but if that part didnt' bother you too much , and the other was useful...great !

I just really get off on making things strong and solod again, and not rusted anymore, and potected from future rust . Mechanical repairs are semi-boring in comparison ....mechanical reapirs being not quite as creative as saving and preserving a whole vanagon body/chassis. ( engine conversions .. even doing something like a 2.1 wbxr block into an ealier vanagon....all that is great fun I think. )

that's great you have two vanagons. the more you have, the better you get at fixing them and preserving them and enjoying them. and it's sure nice once in a while to try a suspect electronic part on the other van. That can be super handy. scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@charter.net> To: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:40 PM Subject: Re: Rust hole through the floor - how do I best repair?