Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Aug 2010 07:44:00 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: syncro fuel filter replacement
Comments: To: Jay lefstein <jleftbrane@GMAIL.COM>

Jeez Jay you're good :)

undoing just one screw ( not nut and bolt in my van), the rearmost one, was not enough to get access to the clamp that holds the filter. Undoing the forward screw helped more (pics on my blogs show), but not enough...

gear clamp on inlet side of filter inaccessible to loosen, and not enough free fuel line to move filer around much. Unable to access bolt tightens filter in clamp.

I had to take charcoal canister bracket off to get the filter out. I did have A/C drier unit in there too, adding to the misery.

Seriously, I'd have to train for years to get my time down to 8-10 min :)

cheers

alistair