Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Aug 2010 14:31:14 -0400
From:         Robert Downes <bobdownes@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Quick tire/wheel/trip update

Nice trip, man! i think we're unacquainted members of the same chapter of the vanagon club, i also have a 1.6TD installation and just on monday i made a visit to the cobbler to have 215/65/16 Nokian Hakka C Vans mounted to my new 16" Mefro et30s from vancafe.(i figured, if i'm going to pay alaska prices for tires anyway, i may as well get an alaska quality tire) after driving up here from Florida on ...erm...inappropriate (read: UNSAFE), mismatched, too small 14" passenger tires, it's like waking up from a nightmare.

you know what's way cheaper and easier than a TDI conversion? an AAZ. i'm seriously considering this for the winter. who really wants a computer in a vanagon, anyway?

-bob