Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Aug 2010 15:04:36 -0700
From:         Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fw: Diesel - too much oil saga

Reminds me of an incident at my Father's shop back in the '70s... the new gopher was tasked with doing an oil change on a Karmann Ghia. After he was done, he drove the Ghia around front, smoke bellowing from the tail pipes. He swore he only put in 3.5 qts. of oil, but after a bit of excited questioning, it was determined that he actually put in over 12 qts.

My Father's shop was equipped with hoses that delivered oil (grease & water hoses too) to all the stalls. The dial meters on the oil guns had a dial with 1, 2, 3 & 4 (and tick marks in between). The gopher assumed that one time around the dial equaled one quart. Needless to say, it was a while before the gopher was given another shot at turning wrenches.

Happee Fryedaye,

Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 4:21 PM Subject: Re: Diesel - too much oil saga