Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Aug 2010 19:02:42 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Mexico - big problem update

Folks, much more news on this affair has come in here today See the link below and read all the posts and watch the Youtube video ! Man this is so disturbing I cannot even begin to express my dismay. I have made many friends, both Mexican and others on this beach over the years and now they are getting totally screwed because some Mexican philanthropist claims he has the rights to this beach front and has somehow received the help of Sr. Felipe Calderon and his army. Sad days so very sad days. Please pass this info along and hopefully some news media will pick up on this and broadcast this far and wide ! AND, if you live in Canada or the USA thank your lucky stars we do not have such shenanigans here ! Where is Poncho Villa when we need him ! The time has come for another like him !

_http://members5.boardhost.com/lamanzanilla/msg/1281008624.html_ (http://members5.boardhost.com/lamanzanilla/msg/1281008624.html)

Latest news from Katrina:

"To all my friends and their friends and their friends... Today is the 6th of August.30 people from the village were taken to jail,some beaten severely and remain there.The bail is 20,000 pesos for every person.The charge is :resisting police orders. The moving company, which has taken furniture and valuables from the owners was a fraud.It was corrupted police itself wanting to steal the the people stuff.The german lady,Irene,recovered a bit of her possesions,some of her stuff,like her mattrasses were throwen in a rain out of her house.Her fridges,just a few months old do not work,since they also have throwen them out. People are affraid. Policemen walk around like big cocky roosters with their arms in their hands. The alcohol from the restaurants has been used by the police,also the beds in hotels.Daily leave many state trucks full of black garbage bags of stolen goods. Irene heard that the buildings,like her house and others will be leveled today.She is running around trying to find justice.Her lawyer has no advice for her. Noone is allowed on a beach and if the restaurant owners need to go there,they are searched for weapons and accompanied by the police. The police is very very tense and trigger happy.They were shooting last night randomly.I have not seen the targets,but heard the noise. Noone is at the streets after dark.Mothers of teanage daughters are very affraid and some,who have the means have send their daughters away. The facts are that this beach is so precious,that someone(still unclear who)with a lot of financial power has started the motion to make this beach another Carreyes,or el Tamarindo. The lots at the beach have no posts anymore,the wires were cut and someone started to put up a chain link fence,but we have no details and it is extremely hard to take any pics.The palapa Mosca does no exist anymore. Mosca himself does not eat or sleep only sits and life is being sucked right out of him.Poor Lola,she had so many plans for this upcoming season is devastated.Everybody is. Katerina"

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 Westy & Lionel Trains (_Collection for sale_ (http://frankcondelli.com/trainsal.htm) ) _Frank Condelli & Associates_ (http://frankcondelli.com/busindex.html) - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley _Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems_ (http://frankcondelli.com/exhaust.htm) _BusFusion_ (http://www.busfusion.com/) a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 10 ~ 13, 2010