Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Aug 2010 18:32:45 -0700
From:         Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mexico - big problem update
Comments: To: killer.jupiter@gmail.com

"Determined by WHO?" The World Health Organization? That seems like a silly idea. What would the WHO know about property values.

As for property value, that shouldn't be terribly difficult to determine. Appraisals are available pretty much anywhere.

As for "right or wrong", I didn't support the right to take property, I only stated that the methods are very different between Mexico and the USA.

Too much assumption in this world...

Beer... more beer... it's Friday dammit!

-----Original Message----- From: Aristotle Sagan [mailto:killer.jupiter@gmail.com] Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 5:01 PM To: Jeff Schwaia Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Re: Mexico - big problem update

Determined by WHO?

We beat them back somewhat in San Jose. Look up Tropicana Shopping Center and the San Jose RDA. You'll find pages on the attempted illegal confiscation of property by the San Jose City Council to turn over to 'out of city' developers who happen to be major campaign financiers. We won that battle but the fight goes on all over the country as people attempt to keep their property. The Connecticut trial was and is a black eye on the Supreme Court of the USA.

Enough Friday rambling.

In this case... boycott Mexico. It's just about your only weapon and its pretty weak at that. tim in san jose

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@gmail.com> wrote: > Big difference though... in the USA, you are entitle to fair, market > compensation determined by an independent body.  In Mexico, you're entitled > to leave with your life... maybe. > > Beers, > > Jeff > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of > Frank Condelli > Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 4:23 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Mexico - big problem update > > In a message dated 06/08/2010 7:16:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, > starwagen@gmail.com writes: > >        Well, that SUCKS big  time.  I was unaware of that >small< detail > as I guess many others  are ! > >>>>>>As a matter of fact we in the US are now  subject to exactly that kind > of shenanigan!!  Just a couple of years ago  the US Supreme Court ruled > that local bureaucrats can confiscate any piece of  property they want  at > any > time they want if it's for the economic good'  of the community and then > give it to anyone they choose.  See the ruling  regarding Eminent > Domain.<<<<< > > > > > > Cheers, > > Frank  Condelli > Almonte, Ontario, Canada > '87 Westy & Lionel Trains (_Collection for sale_ > (http://frankcondelli.com/trainsal.htm) ) > _Frank Condelli &  Associates_ (http://frankcondelli.com/busindex.html)  - > Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley > _Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust  Systems_ > (http://frankcondelli.com/exhaust.htm) > _BusFusion_ (http://www.busfusion.com/)  a VW Camper  camping event, > Almonte, ON, June 10 ~ 13,  2010 >

-- Where ever you are, there you be. Unless you're driving my van, in which case, you ain't got there yet.