Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:52:45 -0500
From:         Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replacing pressure A/C Pressure switch w/o losing Freon
Comments: To: dvdclarksn@aol.com

Thanks, David...That's what I thought, too. Thing is, the A/C shop told me I needed the new pressure switch and then I pay them 379.00 to replace o rings, replace the freon, etc. Sounds like I could save some $$ by doing it myself. I have had the van for about 2.5-3 years and the PO did the 134A conversion. I don't think the system is in such bad shape. I would like to install the switch myself and fill it and THEN take it to him if I have a problem. Just don't want to vent the freon in the air. Any ideas to avoid this? I know this may sound stupid, but I made the DIY $20 Brake Bleeder and it has a tire stem installed....I wonder if I could utilize this to catch some of the freon? Just brainstormin' Thanks again. CheapSkate Michael in San Antonio 91GL Weekender AT 2.1L 'Gringo'