Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Aug 2010 15:07:13 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propane Regulator Adjustment. (searched)
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

Thanks very much for explaining David.

Really couldn't see why burner needed to be on, but now I do.

In measuring the pressure, I was very careful to close the main valve then remove manometer inlet hose to vent it each time I adjusted the diaphragm. I also did this 3x in a row to confirm the 5.25" rise I saw. So in effect I was doing the same thing as having a flame burning. Seems I actually have 10.5" W.C.

Neil.

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 1:52 PM, David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net> wrote: > At 04:28 PM 8/14/2010 Saturday, neil n wrote: >> >> - I've seen conflicting answers on this: is it absolutely necessary to >> have a stove burner on (or both?) when testing pressure? If so, why? > > You have to be venting/consuming low-pressure gas in some fashion, otherwise > the pressure in the line won't go down when you adjust down.  But you can't > leave the output wide open either, 'cause the pressure will go to zero. > > >> - Does the main valve need to be closed, and inlet end of manometer >> hose disconnected and cleared of pressure each time an adjustment is >> made? Or does hose remain connected, and valve remain open while >> diaphram is being adjusted? (i.e. one would see pressure rise or fall >> while all connected and diaphram adjusted) > > See above. > > >> - Though the stove still lit, my LP tank was almost empty at time of >> testing. Would this have affected the accuracy of the manometer >> reading? > > Should not. > > d >

-- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines