Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Aug 2010 09:28:35 -0700
From:         Daryl Christensen <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: ATF fluid

I have always "heard" that if ATF has more than 150K on it..leave it be, as the fresh fluid is more acidic or something like that which tends to eat up or deteriorate the clutch plates internally.. Now that being said, I have no personal smoking gun proof of that being true, but have heard it happens too many times to discount it as a wives tale..ymmv.

Daryl of AA Transaxle, who changes ALL his vehicle fluids every 30 K max or less. 425-788-4070 "On the cutting edge of Old technology" 86 Syncro Westy with a Zetec in the trunk