Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Aug 2010 09:42:35 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: registering Matilda in Canada
Comments: To: Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>

Hi Joy,

Talk to the locals... Vehicle regulations vary by province. In the case of an importation by a new owner the Canadian Gov't asks for duty and sales tax but I expect that would not be required for an owner with a work permit. But I could be wrong about that; I have no idea.

Ignore RIV; it doesn't apply to Vanagons. Westfalias and other GERMAN Vanagons are definitely admissible under current federal regulations. South African Vanagons however are not.

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts www.pottsfamily.ca WWW.BUSESOFTHECORN.CA <--- NEW .CA DOMAIN!!! 1987 Wolfsburg Weekender hardtop Vanagon 1973 Westfakia "Bob the Tomato"