Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:45:26 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: brake question
Comments: To: Ry <rylincoln@gmail.com>

I had a failing master cylinder and it exhibited intermittent problems like this. The true give away for me (not that this will happen in your case though) is that I was burning brake fluid (in the engine!). It was somehow making it throught the vaccuum system and into the engine, and clouds of smoke would come out as brake fluid would go down.

I'm not saying this will happen to you, but if you smell strange things, see some strange smoke, or see your level rapidly falling..... it can happen!

-Craig '85GL turned WESTY BOSTIG in the back '87 SUNROOF Syncro