Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:32:26 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: /Window Tinting. Cut the curtains
Comments: To: Ry <rylincoln@gmail.com>

Argue with cops is unproductive, should they choose to make it so. It matters not how 'logical' your argument may be, if the cop is having a bad day, doesn't like your style, just got a flea bite or has any other reason to be nasty, he can do what he pleases...as long as he has the slightest hint of justification.

I see vehicles that are totally blacked-out...even the windshield has dark tinting. I hear Harleys that are so loud they hurt my ears from half a mile away. Not a problem, it seems, to drive one of those in most places...but if the Officer is "having a bad day"...he/she could be inclined to bother you with a citation, an arrest, or even a jolt from his stun gun ...and he/she would probably not be called to account for that.

It seems much more intelligent to just not draw the attention of Law Enforcement rather than to 'know your rights' and debate them with an unknown officer..

Just making an observation. Utah is the state that came to mind when I consided the fact that my own window tinting had faded to silver on the outside. Had a friend a few years back who was stopped passing through Utah in a Bay Window westie for 'reflective tinted windows' and then had his van searched, they found a roach and he was embroiled in all kinds of expensive and time consuming legal hassels...He avoided prision, just barely...Better to "fly below the radar" IMHO

Don Hanson