Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:50:11 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1.9L Tick, Tick,
              Tick - A question for those who know more than me

The first time I ever heard this sound I had my 1990 Carat in New York to visit my daughter and to bring a bunch of furniture into town for a friend who had bought an apartment there. We were going to be there a week before the friend showed up, so the car sat in the underground lot at washington square village so the nice furniture would not get ripped off with the car sitting on the street. When time came to pick up the car, I was horrified to hear it coming up the ramp. I thought the attendant had done something insane to the engine. I immediately began worrying about how I was going to get the furniture delivered all the way up to the the eighties, and then the thousand miles home.

By the time I got the furniture delivered, the clatter had gone away. I cannot tell you how happy I was not to hear it. After that, it would happen after sitting for a couple of days but Marvel Mystery Oil seemed to help.

Jim