Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:04:35 -0400
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@FRONTIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Anyone making custom curtains?
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

Hi UV Reflective is a waist of time if "inside" the Van. It will reflect the heat to the back of the window and it will be trapped in side and heat the inside of the window. This is a common issue with Heat and Cold. A Dull white or off white material is you best bet. Reflective is great if OUTSIDE of the Van. We have made prototypes of inside and outside thermals and found that inside ones are a waist of time. will stop the sun from fading the interior but nothing for heat. If on the outside of the Van it will stop the thermal transfer of heat and or cold from coming to the inside of the vehicle through the glass. Sorry for the Rant. Just thought you would like to know before doing. C-ya Jonce