Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:07:28 -0700
From:         Sheilah Rogers <sheilah@SHEILAH.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Anyone making custom curtains?
Comments: To: neil n <musomuso@gmail.com>

Yes, well those ones on the hatch, for instance, with soft rods on top and bottom (in my 86 westy, i think the same in yours) could have given me something of a crick in the neck while doing, but lining them up was very easy.

I used pins to secure the new fabric onto the old fabric (with a hem folded over already). Then I just did a quick stitch all the way around the edges of the pinned panel, removing pins as I went.

Going with the flow rather than fussing over the distance between stitches makes it go pretty fast and typically yields (at least for me) a more uniform stitch.

Did I nail it this time?

s.

On Aug 19, 2010, at 8:58 AM, neil n wrote:

> Re: second set of eyes. > > Was thinking that it might be a challenge to line up the new panel by > feel on curtains installed with upper and lower rods. (you had > mentioned leaving them on while sewing on new panels). But then that > would only needed on hatch curtains, and IIRC, one or two side > curtains. At least on my Westy. It's an '81 though. Maybe later MY > Westys have different curtains setups? > > Thanks much for the explanations! > > Neil. > > > On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Sheilah Rogers <sheilah@sheilah.org> wrote: > >> ..... I did not cover the areas that had hooks so you can still see a bit of of the tannish-brown original material...... No second set eyes were needed. I'm a bit confused by the question, .... > > >> On Aug 18, 2010, at 9:55 AM, neil n wrote: > > >>> How did you align the new panels? Was a second set of eyes needed? >>> (assuming one doesn't remove the existing curtains) > > > > > -- > Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" > > http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/ > > http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines

____________________________ Sheilah Rogers, L.Ac. http://sheilah.org tel: 415/ 730-4144

Note: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete from your system; do not disclose, copy, or distribute; such uses are prohibited. Thank you.