Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:53:03 -0700
From:         Aristotle Sagan <killer.jupiter@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: legitimate beef - water under the bridge - or just plain wrong
Comments: To: J Stewart <fonman4277@comcast.net>

Interesting comment. Why is the sales guy a 'scum bag'? He goes to work, just like you (or not), sells cars. I don't have any friends who are salesmen per-sey but hey, it's a job. Or are you one of those folks that hates dealing with car salesmen because you think you are getting took?

It's one of the few times in life I have the power to walk away with my money after making a decision that this person isn't giving me a great deal. If he gives me a great deal, I pay. What a damned nice equal relationship. You do your homework and you won't get took.

Same as the guy who is the service manager. Know what's wrong with your vehicle before you take it in. If that's not possible, get a second opinion and decide who you want to pay.

As far as power steering lines.. Be a MAN. Grow strong forearms. *L*

tim in san jose

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 8:34 AM, J Stewart <fonman4277@comcast.net> wrote: > And one more thing...that friendly person who greets you at the dealership service lane, the one who writes up your order and pretends to be your "friend" is most likely on commission, just like the scum bag that sold you the car in the first place. Only reason I take any of my cars back to a dealer is for a recall. And I now have two cars (2003 Mitsubishi and 1998 New Beetle) both with air bag lights on, which now won't pass Virginia safety inspection. Second time in a year the air bag light has been on with the New Beetle. I'll just keep the old low tech Vanagon!    Jeff > > > > Jeff Stewart >

Where ever you are, there you be. Unless you're driving my van, in which case, you ain't got there yet.