Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:53:11 -0700
From:         Matt Thyer <matt_thyer@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: /Window Tinting. Cut the curtains
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>

Heh,

Yep Zeno is the name of my van. He's named after Zeno of Elea < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno_of_Elea> who is the Greek philosopher who invented the dialectic and, in context, wrote several paradoxes of motion including "the arrow paradox".

"If everything when it occupies an equal space is at rest, and if that which is in locomotion is always occupying such a space at any moment, the flying arrow is therefore motionless."

This is supposed to make me feel better when we're all stationary on the side of some road together. I could be stationary at any moment regardless of vector or momentum.

And yes, I do sometimes drive with the blinds closed. Not sure if its legal or not, but no one's bothered me so far and if they do I'll happily offer to open them to the view.

MT http://zenoswagen.wordpress.com/