Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:20:33 -0700
From:         Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Print your parts

I believe the software delivers a 3D model that could be programmed into a CNC machine.

I think it's pretty damn cool!

Cheers,

Jeff

Not only that. That machine only makes that white plastic model. It's the same as the one they copied. So what's the gain? Really nothing. Perhaps they got a drawing out of the process to follow when one makes the real part out of the correct material. The real gain is for the CNC machine programmer who does not need that plastic part, only what the copy machine made that appears on the computer, so he can put it in as a program into the machines computer. He still has to determine where to start the machining and what tools to use, etc. But as Jay Leno is, it's all just a joke. Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike" <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 1:57 PM Subject: Re: Print your parts