Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Aug 2010 17:38:36 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mounting an inverter.
Comments: To: DW <dcwilton@GMAIL.COM>

that is so great to hear that someone has concerns about corrosion. Right on ! good thinking on your part. It can't hang by just the two upper bolts ? I wouldn't want to mount through that wall into the wheel well area.

I don't like spray undercoating very much - eventually moisture gets under it. I like special high quality paints instead. I suppose I would seal with a very good silicone sealant .. but I would be more inclined not to make any holes or screw holes from the interior into the wheel well.

besides, maybe you do know this inverter is 'the one' that will be perfect for years to come.. but if you do not actually know that yet, ... then wait and see if this is for sure 'the one' you'll be using for a long time. You might not even end up using it, so smarter to not drill those two lower holes ( if ever ) yet.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "DW" <dcwilton@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:14 PM Subject: Mounting an inverter.