Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:32:17 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: A/C Fans 2nd and 3rd ?
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>

The radiator fan should run at low speed anytime the compressor is engaged. If the AC condenser pressure goes above a certain point the fan should go into that noisy high speed. If the radiator switch should call for that high speed that the compressor should be disabled until things cool down. The most common failure on these fan setups is the speed resistor which is mounted behind the driver's side headlight assembly.

Dennis