Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:05:51 -0500
From:         Bill Bowman <bill@BNNTA.COM>
Subject:      Update... the 25th BNNTA  VW camping weekend...
Comments: To: List - Buskatiers <buskatiers@buskatiers.org>,
          List - DBG <dbginfo@yahoogroups.com>,
          List - GVWC <gatewayvw@yahoogroups.com>,
          List - Missouri Micros <missouri_micros@yahoogroups.com>,
          List - Type 2 <type2@type2.com>,
          List - Vintagebus <vintagebus@type2.com>

The latest update!

Exactly one week from today lots of VWs will be streaming into our private campground at Mark Twain Lake in NE Missouri for the festivities at the 25th BNNTA VW camping weekend. We got a lot of our administrative work done and are pretty much ready to go to host all of you on Friday through Monday of the upcoming Labor Day Holiday weekend. The trophies, dash plaques, the T-shirts (awesome!) and some of the door prizes are already here and waiting to be packed into or event Bus, the '59 DD panel.

Hot VWs Magazine will be featuring this event in coverage in a future issue, I believe that the illustrious John Lago and his incredible "Bondo Condo" will be joining all of us again, and I haven't heard a peep out of any of the Clubs about their entries in the competition for the best "theme" campsite decorating contest (which is always histerical!). And if you want to bring some VW goodies to sell or swap you can lay them out on your campsite anytime you want to. If you have any cool VW-related items to donate to the door prize pile bring them along and we'll give them away to some lucky participant on Saturday evening at the award presentation. The scenic caravan over to historic Hannibal, Mo will be on Saturday morning at 11 am.

The Rangers at the Indian Creek Recreational Area are ready for our arrival and looking forward to seeing the first arrivals as early as Wednesday! If you plan to arrive early, camp in the normal "main campground at Indian Creek at the prevailing daily rate. As a favor to us, they usually open the gates to our "group campground" early, usually on Thursday around noonish. I lease the entire campground for our event as of Friday at noon onward, so if you happen to settle in and camp there on Thursday, expect to pay the daily rate for Thursday to a passing Ranger if asked to so.

The weather this far out sounds good (but no matter what the forecast we'll all be there), so pack up your old or new VW (any model) and have a nice safe drive over to the 25th BNNTA camping weekend on Sept 3rd through 6th, 2010. We look forward to greeting your arrival!

Bill Bowman www.bnnta.com