Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Aug 2010 23:49:32 -0600
From:         miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Daughter Broken Down Just West Of Salt Lake City

Well, I should have listened to that little voice in my head, telling me not to lend her the van, but she's been asking me for eight years now and she asked so nicely and I love her.....sniff, sniff. They are fine and it looks like their biggest loss might be a day's worth of Burning Man. For now their spirits are super high and she tells me that they've had lots of laughs.....what? Anyone from this community who wants to pipe in with parts, advice or inspiration, I can be reached at 970-903-8087. I have already emailed all the local Rescue Squad guys and I feel pretty damned good about it. It's a bit hard when it's your daughter, as you might know or imagine. I did welcome her to the Vanagon way of life. Funny thing......I've lost count of how many Vanagons I've owned, 2wd and otherwise, and you might have guessed how many times I took these kids out on Vanagon road trips (since 1987) and broken down. Zero times. Yup, zero, and the first time I send her out there with one of the fleet, poof! Of course, some kind of unforeseen failure may well be the cause, but that doesn't change the fact that it's Dad 0, Bonni 1! Thanks for any help. Miguel

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.   - Thomas A. Edison

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:51 PM, miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@gmail.com> wrote: > Paging Bob Jones! They are enroute to Burning Man in my 90 GL > Automatic. It appears that they have lost the water pump, but hard to > tell from the comfort of my home. AAA is towing them back to SLC and, > as per Roadhaus, they are headed for Contract Auto Repair.......Any > help appreciated. > Miguel > > I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. >   - Thomas A. Edison >