Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Aug 2010 18:39:56 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Daughter Broken Down Just West Of Salt Lake City
Comments: To: miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>

HI, I was wondering about them getting to BM.. so it's leave the good ole vanagon and rent a Dodge Caravan apparently.

sounds like a new logistical thing to deal with.

most of the 2.1's I see have the metal flange with hose nipple there.

and ...actually, come to think of it .. I'm sure a 2.1 wbxr could run pretty nicely without that one air bleed on it. Just block it off somehow until the right part can be found. but you should have all that stuff tomorrow anyway.

I saw that you said many trips and never being broken down in vanagons over the years. For an event like BM perhaps one needs to plan two extra days on the way there, 'just in case' there's a vehicle issue.

Scott ----- Original Message ----- From: "miguel pacheco" <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 3:30 PM Subject: Re: Daughter Broken Down Just West Of Salt Lake City

Scott, actually this is a 90 and these are plastic (soon to be otherwise.) Yes, not a manifold, agreed. Picky, picky.......... Thanks for the manufacturing suggestions, but I'd rather not do the McGyver thing. All parts are being overnighted and the kids have rented a Dodge Caravan SXT and are once again on course for Burning Man. This list and The Samba have been great. We received all kinds of offers. We received offers for beer, lodging, money (what?) and one kind gentleman who offered to drive 40 miles out of Salt Lake City to pull the parts. What a great bunch of people!! I'm on the Rescue Squad in Durango, Colorado and you can expect all the same from me! Miguel

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison