Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Sep 2010 10:09:50 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Propane tank Certification.
Comments: To: Alfred Bagdan <abagdan@SHAW.CA>

Hi,

about to deal with same thing myself (also in canada), and I have had stations refuse filling of my old westy as it did not have correct sticker applied (lost during repaint). It seemed to be more common in the last few years.

I enquired at local rv supply place nearby, and was told of a service station that will examine tank. It seems a little mickey mouse, for the tanks we have on our vans, "fixed in place" require only a visual inspection. I'll be confirming soon, after i tidy up my install (rushed it to get going camping, and btw, dometic fridge worked like a champ, not blowing out when driving on logging roads for 6 days), and will report.

However, the rv store would do an inspection and cert. my propane install (camperising by syncro from my westy bits).

Now don't take this as gospel, was only one counter-person's info. I think I might try a web search for the regs.

cheers

alistair