Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Sep 2010 20:23:58 -0700
From:         Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      We've lost another one....

Researching a bit of New Zealand this evening I came across this:

http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1007b&L=conch-l&P=267

From: Marcus Coltro <marcuscoltro@HOTMAIL.COM> Subject: [CONCH-L] Passing of Andrew Grebneff To: CONCH-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Received: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 10:54 AM

I am deeply sorry to inform the passing of my dear friend Andrew Grebneff from New Zealand. Below is the message I got this morning. Marcus Coltro

Dear staff and senior students of the Department of Geology: I am sorry to pass on a message received about 4 pm this afternoon Thursday: that our paleontology technician Andrew Grebneff has been found dead in a hotel room in Mexico. Andrew worked last week until Wednesday, and then said he'd take a few days off. He had the weekend with his family, somewhere out of town, but returned home early, ostensibly to do field work. He didn't return home on Monday night, and on Tuesday was tracked to Los Angeles. From there, he sent a brief message saying he would not be back in New Zealand.

Andrew Grebneff worked with me as a fossil preparator since 1985, on rolling short term contracts. He had consuming interests in paleontology, and in the study of molluscs. He was an exceptionally skilled preparator, meeting the highest international standards. His wife Kala, and two teenage children, can be contacted at 38 Crosbie Street, Mornington, Dunedin; tel 453 4436. Sincerely Ewan -- R. Ewan Fordyce *Associate Professor, and Head of Department, Department of Geology University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin 9054, NZ tel 3-479-7510, fossil prep lab 3-479-4575, cell 021-037-3964, fax 3-479-7527 Administrative office: 3-479-7519 or hod.geology@stonebow.otago.ac.nz web: _http://www.otago.ac.nz/geology/people/fordyce/index.html_ (http://www.otago.ac.nz/geology/people/fordyce/index.html ) *Research Associate, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution

And this:

http://www.otago.ac.nz/geology/news/files/andrew_grebneff.html