Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Sep 2010 10:25:22 -0700
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propane tank Certification.
Comments: To: Alfred Bagdan <abagdan@shaw.ca>

A while back, here in B.C., went to a shop that does nothing but LP conversions on vehicles. With my old LP tank in hand, (1981 Westy) had the owner look at it. The metal ID tag is type that is welded at corners only. It was all but falling off. Based upon a quick visual inspection, he deemed the tank no good.

pic: http://picasaweb.google.com/musomuso/PropaneLPTank#5345770257667507362 click through arrows for more.

It's quite likely your tank has this type of tag. It is tack welded at each corner. (newer model tanks have tag welded all the way 'round)

If the tag on yours is falling off, IMO, its' time for a new tank. Some may disagree, but that's my .02 on it. ;)

Neil.

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Alfred Bagdan <abagdan@shaw.ca> wrote: > Hi all, > > On my recent trip (in Canada),  one place in Alberta refused to fill the > propane tank, saying it needed certification every 10 years.  I had no > problem getting propane at other places.  The tank is 25 years old. > Does anyone know the law for propane tanks on Vanagons?  Does it vary from > state to state and province to province?  What is to be done to get > certification? > > Thanks, > > Alfred > 85 Vannagon >

-- Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"

http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines