Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Sep 2010 11:20:31 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Bug Out And Buses By The Trax

I went to Bug Out 68 yesterday in Manassas Virginia. Perfect weather day (rare, it's usually blazing hot or raining) and it sure brought out the vehicles. The water cooled van class is usually pretty light in entries, but not yesterday. At least 6 Vanagons and 2 Eurovans . Now, I think it kinda stinks that they group Vanagons and Eurovans together but they do. I can usually get at least 3rd place because normally not more than 3 vans enter the show. Yesterday wasn't my day! A really nice '91 Syncro Westy with a TDI took 1st, my friends 2003 Eurovan Westy took second, and a very nice '85 Westy took 3rd. I didn't mind, it was still fun sitting at the show all day. Now, for Buses By The Trax . I found the event has a new host, and most of you will remember this event started as John Brown's Buses at the KOA in Harper's Ferry W VA. We moved it to Brunswick MD because the KOA had gotten too expensive and was never cooperative with our group. Also, Brunswick had it's Railroad Days event which was fun. The campground at Brunswick is owned by the city of Brunswick, and even though it had some of the nastiest bathrooms I'd ever seen and no other facilities to speak of, the cost was low and they'd let us share sites, making it even cheaper. Well, I'm sorry to say the city has raised the rate to $37.00/night and no more sharing sites. This is absolute robbery for a camp ground like this. OK, now up on my soapbox: I'm seeing more and more in this crappy economy stunts like this, low revenue so the idea is to raise the rates to make more money-IT WON'T WORK! Folks like us just won't come! So as it stands now this event is canceled, and even though it's not up to me, I'd never go back to this campground, ever. Is it better to rent out a few sites at $37.00 a nite or have the campground full @ the old rate of $15.00 a nite ? I guess the city of Brunswick will find out. I hope they fail big time!!

Jeff Stewart