Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:24:47 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Looking for a steel 14" wheel in San Diego
Comments: To: Mark Hineline <hineline@OCOTILLOFIELD.NET>

there's a trick on the lug nuts if they are stuck.. well, for front 'wheel bolts' on vanagons.

if they are very stuck, you whack the hell out of each one with a serious small sledge hammer to 'wake up the threads' .. About 10 serious whacks each bolt. has a surprisingly big affect. then you unscrew them with a breaker bar, 3/4 drive if you have it, and a cheater bar.

I drove some 6 hours to buy a dead van and tow it back ...and I had heard the wheel bolts were super stuck ...I 'had' to get those off, having driven that far ....and the above trick sure worked.

I have many 14 inch steel vanagon wheels for sale if you can't find one. located southern Oregon. Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Hineline" <hineline@OCOTILLOFIELD.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, September 06, 2010 4:12 PM Subject: Looking for a steel 14" wheel in San Diego