Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Sep 2010 23:26:18 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil cooler in 1980-1982 air-cooled buses?
Comments: To: Mark Hineline <hineline@OCOTILLOFIELD.NET>

Most likely what you were looking at was an air conditioner condenser. None of the air cooled Vanagon engines had any factory remote oil cooling. The stock oil works well for most situations and cooler oil does little to prevent the melted heads, burnt pistons, dropped valve seats, warped cases and all the other good stuff these engines are capable of.

Dennis