Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Sep 2010 14:32:18 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Riggins, Idaho - brake caliper?
Comments: To: "A. Hurley" <ahurley@SHOPVIEWIT.COM>

it's not exactly a 'different system' ....it's the 'other half of a twin system' .

it can be valid to just bleed the front brakes after working on the front brakes only. If however, the brake fluid was old, dark, and watery to start with .. then the rears could sure use 'something' in the way of fresh BF and bleeding.

it probably gives a bleeding sequence in Bentley somewhere. I don't find that it matters too much. I sometimes start at the LF, then go around the car ...LR, RR, RF ..then do the LF one more time again. ( and do the cluch slave while doing the 4 brakes too, to be really thorough, if things are in good enough shape to be ok for bleeding, clutch system wise ) .

but a good all-four-wheels bleed sounds like it's on order. I don't really like to bleed rear brakes unless I know the rear wheel cylinders are not leaking.. and need to have drums off to tell that for sure of course.

scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "A. Hurley" <ahurley@SHOPVIEWIT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 10:28 AM Subject: Re: Riggins, Idaho - brake caliper?