Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:21:07 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Three unrelated things

People can be alergic to many things..Sounds like her family is alergic to wool.

I got a "green" event t-shirt...made from bamboo fabric or some such...Turned my back into a mess of red welts on one hot day. So much for 'natural fiber, friendly to the enviornment' Cotton is harvested, in the Central California valley anyhow, after the fields are sprayed with a herbacide, usually from crop duster heliocopters, to allow them to use big cotton-pickin' machines rather than people. So much for "all natural cotton" as a better alternative... I have a Smart-Wool long sleeve cycle jersey that is one of my favorites...It is warmer than nicer than synthetic fabrics and itches not. We had a wool upholstered couch in my family home...the whole time I lived there...It's only wear was where my aunt burned a cigarette hole in it, otherwise it worked great...I snoozed away many a blissfull hour on that without so much as an itch, except when our doggy had fleas one time... I think a Pendelton blanket seat cover set would be really fancy in a very nice van..I have seen pickup trucks in Las Vegas with that fabric as bench seat covers.... Don Hanson