Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:49:45 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Unfixable 86 Washers, again - figured out

Weirdness .. you'd think if the washer/wiper stalk can sent out the signal to 'do things' when you pull it toward you, like if it'll make the wipers sweep, you'd think , or I would ..that that's one signal and must be ok, since it does two things ..makes wipers sweep, and washers squirt. Perhaps there are two contacts in the switch for that and one of them won't carry any real load. .

and ..plugging in another wiper switch fixed it. how about that ... I can operate a test light with the washer switch function, can read 11.9 volts there, but it won't run a new washer pump, but a good used washer/wiper switch will.

btw....the Owner's manual for an 86, page 84, says fuse 20 is for license lights and washers ....ain't so. fuse 20 on an 86 is for license plate lights only I believe.

finally fixed though !

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 2:32 PM Subject: Unfixable 86 Washers, again