Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:23:23 -0400
From:         Jonathan Poole <jfpoolio@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: another victim - pop top lifting assembly weak spot
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

Oh no,, I may be wrong on this!! oh well,, in this case I'm going to blame it on Friday,, if only it were always so easy..

I guess the worst thing is that this means that even though my top bar was rattling up and down a ton that it wasn't the main source of wear on my cross-bar and that I'm in for more wear in the future.. I had hoped that I had found the problem and was home free..

Others may be able to disprove my theory too if they, unlike me, have had long had secure/not wiggly/vibrating cross bars and also have significant cross bar wear.

No matter the source this is not the strongest part of our vans and should be looked into on all of em by now..

Thanks for the feedback Alistair,

Jonathan Poole